Every developer who wants to use the API must create an API application on the Developer Site. At the most basic level, this app provides credentials that facilitate communication between your app/service and our API.
To create an API app, follow this brief guide:
Log into your Vimeo account at https://developer.vimeo.com.
- If you are a team member of another Vimeo account, you must log in as the primary account holder to create an app and interact with the Developer Site as that account.
- Click on New app in the upper right-hand corner, or visit this link: https://developer.vimeo.com/apps/new
Enter a name and description for your app.
- These values can be changed later.
- You can create as many apps as needed (e.g., separate “dev” and “production” apps), so long as your account and apps abide by our Developer Guidelines.
- Click Create app.
- From here, you’ll be taken to the app management page, where you can add further details about your app, get your client_id and client_secret values, create personal access tokens, and more.
You can find the list of your API apps on the Developer Site here: https://developer.vimeo.com/apps.