This feature requires an Advanced or Premium plan, or an Enterprise account with the Events feature added. Other plans can try this feature but cannot go live.
If you prefer to pre-record your event and play it back live, you can create a live event from your video’s setting page, configure the event’s settings, and have your video start playing in the live player for your audience as soon as you go live. You can also schedule this to happen automatically as described in the schedule and automatically start a simulated live event article.
- From your Library, select your video to enter the video settings page.
- In the upper right corner, select the option Publish button, then select Stream live.
- A new event will be created and you will be brought into our web-based production tool page with your video preloaded into the first scene. The event will have the same title as your video.
- You can configure other features of your event such as setting up a poll, Q&A, or add more videos. Follow the on-screen tips or read more about how to navigate this page.
- When you are ready, click Start event. This will start streaming your video to the newly created event and automatically play the video back for your viewers.
- When you’ve reached the end of your content, click End to stop the stream.
⚠️Note: This option is not available for videos purchased from Vimeo Stock.