Vimeo Standard or Pro members and higher can customize their showcases to reflect the identity of their brand, project, or presentation.
In this article:
How to customize your showcase
Once you’ve created your showcase, navigate to the Web tab on the left side to make further changes.
You can make the following customizations to your showcase:
- Choose from two layout templates (three if you are Enterprise)
- Select from a light or dark theme
- Add or remove Vimeo branding
- Upload a custom logo
- Choose an accent color
- Allow or disable downloads
- If you select Featured or Live, you can toggle Continuous play which will dictate whether the following video automatically starts playing
To the right of the settings menu, you'll see a preview of your showcase. You can also click the Preview button to open a new window displaying your showcase as it appears to your viewers.
In addition to the Layout, you can set a custom domain for your showcase by selecting the Domain tab at the top. This allows you to either customize a Vimeo URL or connect your showcase to an existing domain that you already own.
Be sure to click the Save button in the upper right corner before moving on to additional settings.
How to customize the cover of your showcase
By default, the cover of a showcase will consist of the video thumbnails from the three first videos inside that showcase. You can edit the thumbnail shown by following these steps:
- Select Assets in the left panel.
- Click Edit thumbnail.
- Choose to manually select a frame from a video in your showcase, generate a thumbnail at random, or upload a custom image file. You are not able to remove the thumbnail entirely.
⚠️Note: Adding a custom thumbnail via the Asset tab will not update the banner image shown on the showcase landing page when using the Featured layout. The banner image will reflect the thumbnail of the first video in your showcase. If you would like to change this image, follow these steps:
- Go to the video's settings page.
- On the General tab, under the Assets section, choose Edit thumbnail.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu.