A new, streamlined events experience is here. The new experience unifies webinars and live broadcasts into one, simplified workflow. You’ll have access to the same features across all event types. Plus, we’ve built in new features to help you easily scale event creation and get set up quickly.
In this article:
- What’s new
- When will this change happen?
- Can I switch back to the old experience?
- What settings have moved?
We’ve unified event setup and production into one experience to streamline your workflow. As a result, things look pretty different. Here’s what’s changed and where you can find everything you need to get set up to go live.
New setup options
Set up from scratch or reuse settings from a previous event to scale event creation. If you’re unsure where to start, choose an event type and get started with recommended settings.
One home for all your settings
All your settings now live in a single panel. Review and edit event details, privacy, schedule, production settings, and destinations.
New features for webinars
Optimize interaction with low latency and stream to social to improve your reach. We’ve also added more customization for registration forms and emails.
Registration for any event type
Registration isn’t just for webinars. Now you can add a custom form and emails to any event to drive leads and viewer-level analytics.
New streaming destinations
Easily connect to Instagram Live and X, in addition to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Vimeo OTT, and custom RTMP.
More scheduling control for recurring events
You can now schedule events to recur daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Plus, schedule in your own time zone for peace of mind. Viewers will always see the time in their own zone.
Watch this 22-minute tutorial video for a deeper dive into event setup and the browser studio:
When will this change happen?
The change is already rolling out. To use the new experience, just create a new event on Vimeo or open an existing event.
Can I switch back to the old experience?
The new experience is rolling out over the coming weeks. You can switch back to the old experience temporarily. To do so, open an existing event. Select the (…) icon in the lower left corner and select Switch to old experience. You’ll revert back to the old experience for now.
Once the new experience is rolled out to everyone, the old experience will no longer be available. At that time you will automatically be switched back to the new experience.
What settings have moved?
To consolidate all your settings into one streamlined panel, we’ve moved a few things around. We encourage you to explore to familiarize yourself with all the options. Here’s what you’ll find in each of the new sections of the Settings panel:
- Update your event title and description.
- Update the privacy of your event, including who can access the link and where the video can be embedded.
- Set the date and time for your event, including simulated live events
- Set up scheduling for recurring events
- Set the time zone for peace of mind
- Switch between broadcast methods to stream through your browser or with an encoder
- Select your latency setting
- Set up automatic closed captions
- Switch between a simulated live or manual start in the browser studio
- Set up to stream your event to social and other RTMP destinations.