Your Vimeo profile is what viewers see when they click on the creator thumbnail associated with one of your videos. This is the profile associated with the Vimeo Staff account:
You can access your own profile when you are logged into your account by clicking on your profile picture, and easily customize the information and videos that it displays.
In this article:
- Fill out basic profile information
- Add for-hire information to your profile
- Create a custom URL for your profile page
- Add a cover video to the top of your profile
- Choose which videos are shown on your profile
- Customize the arrangement of your profile videos
- View profile videos
- Order of profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
- Hide your profile from Vimeo
Fill out basic profile information
On the left side of your profile, you will see the following basic information fields. Edit a field by clicking on it, making a change, then clicking out of it.
- Profile pictures (recommended dimensions are 600x600)
- Account Name
- Add bio (2000 characters max)
- Add email
Add link (Available for Plus and above)
- Enter the profile URL from that account and the link will display your username for that account. You can also enter your website URL.
- Up to five (5) will be displayed before visitors are prompted to View all which will expand the panel to show all of your listed links.
Add for-hire information to your profile
Underneath your basic information fields are the following fields that you can fill out related to your employment status.
- For hire status (Available for Plus and above): Let others know if you’re available to be hired. You can further edit the specific roles you specialize in and projects you are interested in. Selecting “No” will hide this section from your profile.
- For hire rate: Choose your rate range. You can opt to hide this on your profile by clicking the eyeball icon.
- Clients: List out clients who have hired you in the past, separated by a comma. You can opt to hide this on your profile by clicking the eyeball icon.
- Collaborators: Other users that you’ve added credits for in your videos will be listed here.
- Activity: Other information about your account including your showcases, followers, who you’re following, and other collections, all of which visitors can click into and view. They can also see your membership tier, how long you’ve been a member, and the last time you were active on Vimeo in this section.
Create a custom URL for your profile page
To create a custom URL (like vimeo.com/staff) for your profile page, head to your account settings. You can share your video links by creating a custom URL for your profile page, that can aid in branding your video. Please note that custom URLs can only include letters and numbers.
Note: If you are a Basic user, you will no longer have the ability to create new custom URLs or edit old custom links, you would be prompted to go ahead with the upgrade to access this feature.
Add a cover video to the top of your profile
You can add a custom cover video to the top of your Vimeo profile. It can be an entire video or just a clip, and it will play silently on loop.
To add a cover video to your Vimeo profile, follow these steps:
- Click Add a cover video at the top of the page.
- Choose a video - private or public - that you'd like to feature on your profile. If you know the video's name you can search for it using the bar at the top of the module.
Click Next. You will see this screen:
Drag and drop the crop rectangle vertically to choose which portion will show on your page.
- Note: This crop of your video has a max aspect ratio of 1:3:33 (eg. 1920x540), but will change based on the width of the browser being used to view your profile.
- If you'd like to trim your video so only a clip of it loops on your profile, click and drag the blue in and out indicators below the player. If you want the whole video to play, don't do anything.
- Click Done.
If you ever want to change your cover video, navigate to your profile page. In the upper right corner, select either Replace to open the module and choose a different video, or Remove to remove the cover video (don’t worry, this won’t delete your video from your account).
⚠️Note: Cover videos are supported on most desktop browsers but are not supported on mobile browsers. Also, if you are located in the EU or UK, you must be logged in to view cover videos.
Choose which videos are shown on your profile
By default, all of your public videos will be added to your profile page automatically. To disable this setting and customize the videos that show up on your profile, follow these steps:
Hover your cursor between your video rows and select Add video.
- In the lower-left corner of the module that opens, toggle off Automatically add public videos.
Under My public videos, click the checkbox next to each video you want to add to your profile. You can also select videos from the Credited videos tab, which contains videos that another person has credited you in.
- To remove a video from your profile page, hover your cursor over it and click the slash symbol in the upper left corner of the video preview. It will not be deleted from your account.
Customize the arrangement of your profile videos
You can move a video to another place on your profile by clicking on the six dots in the upper right corner of the video, then dragging and dropping.
You can also create sections to group your videos. To create a section, hover your cursor over the space between your video rows and click Create section. Give your section a title and drag and drop videos into it.
Move a section up or down using the arrows on the top right. Click the slash symbol to the right of the arrows to delete the section
⚠️Note: Someone viewing your profile page sees your sectioned videos first. If they want to load more videos, they can do so by clicking Load more at the bottom of the page, which will load up to ten videos at a time as long as you have more videos to show.
⚠️Note: The labels at the top of the page originate from the categories you set for each of your videos.
Switch between horizontal-only and masonry grid layouts
To display your entire profile, you have the option to use a horizontal-only grid layout or a masonry grid that supports vertical and square formats. You can switch between the two layouts using the overlay menu in the lower right corner. This menu also includes a preview icon, allowing you to see your profile from another user’s point of view.
Note: At this time, it’s not possible to add new videos and sections if you are in the masonry view. Switch to the grid view to add these to your profile.
View profile videos
You can view videos directly from the profile page. Click on the video you want to watch and it will expand across your screen. The title and description will appear to the right of the player. You can click into the next or previous video using the buttons below the player.
To return to the profile page, click the X in the upper right corner of the screen.
⚠️Note: If you are located in the EU or UK, you must be logged in to view cover videos.
Order of profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
If you're looking at your profile videos on the mobile site, you'll notice that they appear in reverse-chronological order according to upload date. If you're logged in to your own account, you'll also see your own private videos in reverse-chronological order.
In the Android and iOS apps, you'll see profile videos in the creator's specified order.
Hide your profile from Vimeo
If you'd prefer to hide your profile from Vimeo, you'll need to enable Private Mode on your account. Basic and Vimeo Plus members will need to upgrade to Vimeo Pro, Business, or Premium to unlock Private Mode.