Once you’ve created your Vimeo OTT account, there are a few steps that need to be taken in order to publish your site and begin transacting. Before publishing, your site will not be viewable by anyone who is not a site member or admin. The list of the required steps, seen below, can be found by opening the Getting Started toggle in the bottom left corner of the admin.
The ability to publish your site and make it available to your audience will not be unlocked until each step of the checklist has been completed. These steps are:
- Create a product - you will need to create at least one subscription (SVOD) or transactional (TVOD) product to get started.
- Upload videos - you will need to upload at least one video. Here's how.
- Create a collection - create a collection to organize your videos into- either a playlist, series, or movie.
- Create a category - create a category to organize all of your content - similar to parent folders in a filing system. For example, you could make a category for every genre of your content.
- Complete setup - add a price to your product and make it available for sale.
- Add billing information - you will need to add a bank account to get paid and a credit card for billing. See our instructions for setting up, verifying, and updating your payout information and find more information on adding a credit card and what charges to expect here.
Once all steps have been completed, you will see the option to publish your site: