This feature requires a Business, Premium, Advanced, or Enterprise membership.
You can use contact forms to sync your email marketing campaigns within your Vimeo account. You can also share video content with your audiences via email marketing platforms using our Embed in Email tool.
With the Embed in Email tool, you can embed animated GIFs of your videos into your email campaigns to drive viewership and increase your engagement and click-through rates.
Business, Premium, Advanced, and Enterprise have access to all of our supported email marketing tools, and all Vimeo users can use Gmail to embed thumbnails and animated GIFs of their videos into their email messages.
How to embed in an email
- Once you upload or create a new video, you have the option to make a GIF of the new clip. You can then grab an embed code for the GIF and include it in your email campaign.
- When copying the embed code, you can determine if you would prefer to showcase a static image representing your video, use an embeddable GIF, or upload a custom image. The embed code for the GIF will be specific to the email marketing platform (Mailchimp, HubSpot, etc.) that you’re working with.
- Once your GIF has been generated, you can embed it into an email by going to your video’s edit page, selecting the Publish button in the upper right corner of the screen, and then selecting Embed in email.
- You’ll see a new modal window from which you can customize the image that you would like to embed into your email campaign. From the modal window, you can select which email provider you’re using.
- Pick a thumbnail or GIF asset to embed in your email and decide whether or not you would like the play button to be overlaid, as well as include a link to your video on Vimeo or a custom URL. Please note that if you’re linking out to a custom URL, it must be a valid link. You can also choose not to add an external link to your image or GIF.
- You can also upload a custom thumbnail by selecting New > Upload if you don’t want to use the available assets. Please note however that it is not possible to upload a custom GIF; you can only create a GIF using your video.
- Once you’re done, select Copy embed code to put it into your email campaign.
Please note that if you link your embed code to a video on Vimeo, your video’s privacy setting may affect your audience’s ability to view your content. So, please be sure to set your video’s privacy so that anyone can watch it.
Additionally, if your account is in Private Mode, visitors to your page will not be able to watch any of your videos. So, you’ll need to disable Private Mode in order to effectively use our Embed in Email tool.