When you make or upload a video, it will automatically select a frame from your video to use as a thumbnail image.
However, you can change the thumbnail for your video on the video settings page after your video has uploaded and optimized.
To change the thumbnail image for your video:
- Navigate to the Library and select the video that you would like to change the thumbnail for.
- Select the Thumbnail button on the left side of the page next to the video player.
- In the expanded menu, you can select a pre-selected thumbnail, upload a custom thumbnail, or select a thumbnail from the video.
- If selecting a thumbnail from the video, play your video in the video player. When you see a frame you'd like to use as a thumbnail, select the Select this frame button in the top-left corner of the video player.
- Supported filetypes for uploaded thumbnail images include JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, and PNG.
- While GIF files are supported, animated GIF files are not supported at this time.
- Custom thumbnails uploaded undergo a slight compression when uploaded. For best results, we recommend uploading an image with the same dimensions as your video.