When adding music to your video, you can either select a track from the music library or upload your own audio file.
At this time, only one audio track can be added per video. Multiple tracks per video are not currently supported.
💡Tip: If your uploaded footage contains music or background sounds that you would like to adjust the volume of (or mute), you can do so by using the media inspector toolbar.
Supported audio file types include: MP3, M4P, WMA, ADTS, OGG, and WAV.
In this article, learn how to:
To add a music track to your video from the music library:
In the Create editor, select Music in the sidebar. You can select from Featured tracks, All Music, and Recent tracks.
- 💡Tip: Selecting All Music will allow you to filter tracks by moods, genres, types, and categories.
- Preview tracks by hovering over the thumbnail for that track.
- Select the thumbnail for the track to add it to your video.
You can then replace a music track in your video by selecting another track, or choose None if you would like no music.
💡Tip: You can hide the filter options by selecting the Filters button. Select the Filters button again to show filter options.
Uploading your own audio track to your video:
You can also upload an audio track from your local device if you own the music or have obtained all necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video. This is required by Vimeo’s Terms of Service.
To upload your own audio track to your video:
- In the Create editor, select Music in the sidebar of Create editor.
- Select Upload Music.
Confirm that you agree to Vimeo's music submission terms, as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Upload your audio file from your local device to add it to your video.
- Currently, it is not possible to add music to individual scenes. Adding music to your video in Create will apply the soundtrack to the entire video.
- At this time, it is not possible to adjust the volume of music tracks in the Create editor, whether added from the library or uploaded from your device.
- You can adjust the volume of the media in the scene with the media inspector toolbar.
- By uploading a music track, you are confirming that you own the music or have obtained the necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Videos that have uploaded music tracks will automatically be set to Private. You will not be able to change the privacy settings on the video.
- Videos containing your uploaded music track will not be able to use the embed feature.
- Subscription services such as Apple Music, Google Play Music, and Spotify do not allow their music to be uploaded and or/used in Create.