The inspector toolbar in the Create editor is a new way to access tools to modify elements that make up your video. The options that appear on the inspector toolbar change based on the type of element in your video that is selected.
In this article, learn about the:
Media Inspector Toolbar:
The media inspector toolbar appears when you select the media that make up your scene. The options in the media inspector toolbar are dependent on whether you've selected a photo or a video.
Selecting a video in your scene will present this media inspector toolbar:
Selecting a photo in your scene will present this media inspector toolbar:
Options in the media inspector toolbar, and what type of footage they're available for, include:
- Layout (photos and videos): Select from various crop and fit placements for the elements of your scene
- Colors (photos and videos):
- Scene background color: Change the background color of an individual scene or for all scenes in the video.
- Size (photos and videos): Scale the size of the footage (10%-200%).
- If the footage is scaled down to a size that does not fill the entire scene, the Create editor will fill in the remaining space with the scene background color.
- Motion effect (photos only): Toggle the zoom-in effect applied to the photo.
- Media Volume (videos only): Adjust the volume level of the media from 0% (muted) to 100%.
- If the media has no sound attached to it, the speaker icon will be grayed out with a hovered-over message indicating Media has no sound
- Background effects (photos only): Alter the surrounding scene around the main object in an uploaded photo in multiple ways.
- Transparent: Removes the background of the photo, leaving the main object with a transparent background.
- Light blur: Slightly blurs the background.
- Heavy blur: Blurs the background.
- Lighten: Desaturates the background.
- Darken: Saturates the background.
- B&W: Converts the background to B&W while keeping the main object in its original color palette.
- Edit timing (photos and videos): Opens the timeline for the footage to alter the duration of the scene. Learn more about the timeline at 'The Editor timeline'
- Remove (photos and videos): Removes the footage from the scene.
Text Inspector Toolbar
The text inspector toolbar appears when selecting a text element in a scene. Learn more about working with text in the Create editor at 'How do I add and edit text in the Create editor?'
Options included in the Text Inspector Toolbar are:
- Font: Select the font for your text box.
- Text color: Set the color of the font in the textbox.
- Background color: Toggle on/off and set the background "fill" color for the text box.
- Select an animated effect when your textbox appears on the screen. You can select from a variety of animations and animate by a textbox, line of text, word, or character.
- Font size: Change the size of the text in the text box.
- Alignment: Position your text to the left, in the center, or to the right in relation to the text box.
- Drop shadow: Add a shadow effect to your text in the following options
- Edit Timing: Opens the text box bubble in the timeline to change the duration within the scene.
- Edit: Expands the text menu from the sidebar, allowing you to change the content that makes up the text box.
- This is also where you can highlight portions of or all of your text.
- More options (indicated by the three-dot menu):
- Copy: Copies the text in the text box to your device’s clipboard. You can only paste copied text boxes within the Create editor.
- Duplicate: Duplicates the text box and automatically pastes it in the scene you are working in.
- Paste: Pastes the copied text box from your device’s clipboard.
- Delete: Deletes the entire text box from the scene.
- Forward: Moves the text box in front of other elements that are in the scene.
- Back: Moves the text box behind other elements that are in the scene.
Graphics Inspector Toolbar
The graphics inspector toolbar appears when selecting a graphic in a scene. Learn more about working with graphics at 'How do I add and manage graphics in the Create editor?'
Options included in the graphics inspector toolbar are:
- Animation: Select from a variety of special effects to introduce your graphic into the scene.
- Size: Scale the size of your graphic.
- Opacity: Change the opacity of your graphic to saturate or desaturate its colors.
- Rotate: Set the angle of the graphic based on its center point.
- Edit Timing: Opens the graphic box bubble in the timeline to change the duration of a graphic within the scene.
- Replace: Choose another graphic to replace the selected graphic with.
- More options (indicated by the three-dot menu):
- Copy: Copies the graphic to your device’s clipboard. You can only paste copied graphics within the Create editor.
- Duplicate: Duplicates the graphic and automatically pastes it in the scene you are working in.
- Paste: Paste the copied graphic from your device’s clipboard to the scene.
- Delete: Deletes the selected graphic from the scene.
- Forward: Moves the selected graphic in front of other elements that are in the scene.
- Back: Moves the selected graphic behind other elements in the scene.