You can connect your Vimeo account to LinkedIn to stream to your profile or company page, including scheduled events. Please note that you need to follow LinkedIn Live Video Access Criteria in order to broadcast to LinkedIn from Vimeo.
In this article:
Connect LinkedIn to Vimeo
Connect Live Events (recommended if you can stream as a member or admin)
- To connect your LinkedIn account to Vimeo, create your live event, then go to the Destinations menu under Settings.
- Click Connect next to LinkedIn.
- Choose if you want to stream as a Member (to your own profile) or as an Administrator (to your company page you must be an administrator of that LinkedIn page in order to stream to it).
- A pop-up will appear for you to connect your LinkedIn account. Allow the permissions to connect to your Vimeo account.
Connect in Connected Apps Settings (recommended if you want to stream to a Company page)
- To connect your LinkedIn account to Vimeo, you need to connect to LinkedIn Live app
- Click Connect next to LinkedIn
- Login and connect your LinkedIn account.
- Allow the permissions to connect to your Vimeo account.
Set LinkedIn as a streaming destination
- Click the three dots to get the “Manage Settings” button next to LinkedIn
- If you are connecting as a member to your LinkedIn profile page, you will see the LinkedIn profile you connected to
- If you are connecting as an admin to multiple pages, select the desired destination
- If you have multiple options, select the desired destination (i.e. your profile page or a company page).
⚠️Note: If you want to change your settings to connect to your profile or a LinkedIn company page, you will have to disconnect from LinkedIn live in Connected Apps settings
- If you want to stream to a scheduled event on LinkedIn (or create one), click the Schedule toggle switch to see more options. You can then either select an event you already created on your LinkedIn page or profile or select Create new to schedule a new event on LinkedIn.
7. Once you select Save, a post will be created on LinkedIn promoting your scheduled event.
⚠️Note: LinkedIn does not allow users to edit the event start time. You also must go live no sooner than 15 minutes before your start time and no later than two hours after the start time.
8. Ensure the toggle is enabled on Vimeo to ensure your stream is pushed to LinkedIn when you go live. If you are streaming to a scheduled event on LinkedIn, you won't be able to do this until 15 minutes before your start time.
⚠️Note: If you are applying for a company page, ensure to include the LinkedIn profile URLs and emails of all of the page's admins in the application. If an admin attempts to stream to a company page and hasn't been included in the application, they will not be able to go live even if the company page has been approved.
Go live on LinkedIn
When you’re ready, follow the standard workflow to go live on Vimeo. Your stream will automatically simulcast to LinkedIn. You may notice a slight delay in the stream being available on LinkedIn since it takes 20-30 seconds for the stream to get to LinkedIn before the post is created.
If you created or selected an event, the stream will appear in that event's post.
⚠️Note: You can only stream to one destination on LinkedIn (i.e. a company page or a profile page); it’s not possible to stream to multiple LinkedIn destinations at once.