This feature requires an Enterprise account with the Events feature added.
With a Vimeo Enterprise membership, in addition to hosting a Q&A session as part of your virtual event or in your venue, you can moderate the incoming questions and ensure only the appropriate inquiries are published and addressed.
Moderate Q&A for a live event
💡Tip: You can also manage and moderate Q&A from the engagement tools link.
- When you create your event and are on the live preview page or the web-based production tool page, select the Q&A panel on the left side.
- If you would like to preview questions and decide which questions will be visible to the audience, make sure the Moderate questions switch is toggled on. If you want all questions to be published and viewable by everyone immediately upon submission, you can turn this off.
- If you would like your audience to be able to ask questions without having their name attached to the question, toggle on the Allow anonymous switch. If you would like their names attached to their questions, make sure the feature is toggled off.
- Click Start Q&A to display the Q&A panel on your Vimeo event and chat embed. Note that it will not appear in showcases until you go live at that showcase.
- After starting the Q&A, you will see three tabs: Pending, Approved, and Archived. All questions that viewers submit will be listed under the Pending tab. Viewers can choose whether to submit questions anonymously or with their names attached.
- Hover your cursor over a question to see two options:
- Click Approve to move the question to the Approved tab and to display it publicly in the Q&A panel on your event; this will allow all viewers to see the question and upvote the question if they wish.
- If you do not want to display the question, click the Archive button. It will move the question into the Archived panel.
- If you change your mind or archived a question by mistake:
- Navigate to the Archived tab.
- Hover over the question.
- Click Approve or Unarchive (depending on how you're streaming).
- The question will move to the Approved tab and be visible to your audience.
- When you are ready to address an Approved question, select the Approved tab, hover your cursor over the desired question and click Answer or Show question. This will display a graphic overlay of the question with the name of the viewer who asked (or anonymous) and the number of votes.
- When you no longer want to display the graphic, you can click Hide.
- When you are done with the question entirely, you can then archive it and move on to the next question.