Full-screen graphics are images that cover the entire screen while you are live. This is useful for displaying information prior to any action taking place, or during any breaks in your event.
⚠️ Note: Graphics overlays on the Vimeo platform are only supported if you select Stream through your browser. If you are using an external encoder, see How to add graphics to events while using an external encoder. If you are using Livestream Studio, see the Livestream Help Center to learn about its graphics overlays functionality.
Full-screen graphics when streaming with Vimeo
When you create a recurring event or webinar and select Stream with Vimeo from the setup page, you will be brought to our web-based production tool where you can add all the production elements for your event from your browser.
On the left side of the broadcast page, select the Image icon. Select Add image.
This will open your File Explorer or Finder window and allow you to upload your image.
- We recommend PNG or JPGs at a maximum of 1920x1080 and 5MB in size.
- If your image has a transparent background, that will apply when uploading it to your Vimeo event. If you truly want to fill the screen, make sure the background is filled.
- Images that are not 16:9 in aspect ratio will be cropped or zoomed to fit the window.
Once your image is added, you can add optional primary and secondary text (e.g. “The event will begin soon.”) When finished, select Save.
To use this image as a full-screen graphic, you will need to add it to a scene by itself. To do this:
- Below the preview player, select Add to scene.
- Select it again to select that blank scene.
- In the Images panel, select the ••• menu on the desired image, then Add to scene.
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop the image into the preview player to add the image to the scene.
⚠️Note: If you add any other production elements to the scene (e.g. speakers’ cameras), they will overlay on top of your image. To use an image as a standalone full-screen graphic, it should be in a scene by itself.
To show the full-screen graphics in the player:
- Below the preview player, select the scene with the graphic.
- Select Send to stream.
- The image will appear in the player alone with no other audio.
You can add as many images as you wish, but only one image can be added to a scene at a time.
To remove an image from a scene, hover over it in the Images panel, select ••• then select Remove from the scene.
If you no longer need the image for your event, select Remove from the event.
- Graphics for recurring virtual events will be retained on those events. However, new events will need new graphics created each time.
- Additionally, while your graphic will save to your recurring event, your graphic will not display automatically each time you stream. You need to select the corresponding eye icon in the panel in order to display your graphic overlays.