What is Vimeo’s integration with Wix?
The Create integration with Wix allows website owners to access Create’s full-featured advanced editing experience via an iFrame on top of the Wix site. Wix users have access to a wider variety of templates within the Create experience in comparison to the selected template collection on Wix.
As a Wix user, you can create your first two (2) videos on Wix using the native Wix Video Maker. If you wish to create additional videos on Wix, you’ll need to create and connect a Vimeo account.
⚠️Note: Your access will be blocked in all video creation modes on Wix until you log in or create a new profile on Vimeo while trying to create a third video.
After connecting a Vimeo account to your Wix site, you’ll be prompted to choose between Wix Video Maker or Create before starting to create your third and further videos. If you choose Create, the Create iFrame will launch on top of the Wix page.
How to access Create within Wix
First, you must create a free Wix account and sign in. You can access and experience the below tools on your free Wix account:
- (Wix) Social Media Marketing
- (Wix) Media Manager
- (Wix) Editor
- (Wix Button) Explore Templates On Vimeo
⚠️Note: You will need to create your first two videos within Wix Video Maker and then start creating the third video in order to initiate the Vimeo account connection process.
- Log into your Wix account.
- In the left-hand side navigation menu, select Marketing & SEO.
Select Social Media Marketing.
- Select Create New in the top-right corner.
- Select Explore Vimeo Templates.
If you have already created two videos within Wix, you will then be prompted to log into your Vimeo account when attempting to create your third video. Join or log into your Vimeo account within Wix.
You will be asked to choose between Wix Video Maker and Vimeo Create for your video creation. Select Vimeo Create and select Create Video.
You will be redirected to the Create experience where you can either choose from various templates or select + Create your own to start editing from scratch.
- If selecting a template, select Customize to change the format of your videos such as square, landscape, or portrait.
- Edit and customize your video as desired.
- When you are finished editing your video, select Save in the upper right corner.
- Select Save to Wix in the bottom right corner to successfully save your video on both platforms.
- Create’s watermark will not be displayed on these videos (including Basic and Free accounts).
- You can create an unlimited number of videos for Wix (including Basic and Free accounts which usually are limited to 10 videos).