Vimeo has partnered with Rev to simplify the transcription process for your Vimeo videos. Learn more about Vimeo’s integration with Rev.
This article covers how to order human-generated subtitles and captions from Rev on the settings page of your videos.
How to order captions and subtitles with Rev
- Choose your video from the Library and select the [CC] button from panel on the left. Select Closed captions and then the Settings tab.
- Select the box that says “Order captions and subtitles perfected by Rev’s team of experts”.
- Then, select the Order captions with Rev button.
- Select the options you need for your video. Please note that Rev is only able to transcribe videos in English.
- Once you’ve finalized your order details, click Checkout. You will be prompted to log in to your Rev account or create a new one in order to proceed.
- After you have signed in to Rev, you’ll be taken to the Payment screen. Once your order has been placed, Rev will email you a copy of your receipt (which you can also find in your Rev account).
- You will see the option to link your Rev and Vimeo accounts. Doing so will enable Rev to send your caption file directly to your Vimeo video.
⚠️Note: Make sure the checkbox “Automatically deliver files back to Vimeo” is selected in order to ensure that your caption/subtitle file is automatically uploaded to your video.
- When Rev’s team has finished creating your captions or subtitles, the transcription file will be automatically added to your video if you have linked your Rev and Vimeo Accounts (turnaround time varies based on languages requested and length of your video, but typically will be between 24 and 48 hours.)
For more information from Rev, see Rev's guide at How Do I Use the Vimeo Integration?