This feature requires a paid Vimeo membership. Please note that Viewer retention stats are not currently available for Interactive videos.
Viewer retention stats can help you to learn more about how your video kept your viewers’ attention. Read on to learn how to access this feature and find answers to frequently asked questions about your stats.
In this article:
- How to access your viewer retention stats
- Why doesn't the number of peak views on the Viewer retention graph match the total number of views?
- What does it mean when Viewer retention stats shows 0?
- What does the dash '-' mean on Viewer retention stats?
How to access your viewer retention stats
Follow the steps below to learn how to view the retention stats for your video:
- Go to your Library and select the video you would like to view metrics for.
Select the analytics icon from the navigation menu on the right.
- See how well different moments of your video kept people’s attention by pausing the video or hovering over the video during playback.
Why doesn't the number of peak views on the Viewer retention graph match the total number of views?
Viewers who watch a video for less than 30 seconds and don't finish a video are not counted as engaged views. For short videos, viewers who finish the video are counted as engaged viewers. For all videos, all viewers are still counted in overall analytics for the video. This often happens if viewers start the video from the beginning but abandon it quickly, so the highest point on the graph may seem inconsistent with the total number of views on the video.
What does it mean when Viewer retention stats shows 0?
No one has pressed play and watched more than 30 seconds of your video yet. For videos less than 30 seconds long, this means no one has played and finished your video yet.
What does the dash '-' mean on Viewer retention stats?
The dash indicates that something went wrong when retrieving the data for viewer retention. This is likely due to timeouts when there is a lot of data. Refreshing the page can help with this. If the issue persists, please contact us.
To learn more about your viewer’s activity, see Advanced analytics and What kind of data can I see for my interactive videos?