Although it is not possible to automatically sort the videos on your profile page, there are a few ways to customize the arrangement of videos. This article also explains the logic of how videos are organized on the page.
In this article:
- How to customize the arrangement of your profile videos
- Drag and drop videos on the profile page
- Group videos on the profile page
- Order of profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
- What is the logic behind the order of videos displayed on my profile page?
How to customize the arrangement of your profile videos
Drag and drop videos on the profile page
You can move a video to another place on your profile by clicking on the six dots in the upper right corner of the video, then dragging and dropping.
Group videos on the profile page
You can also create sections to group your videos.
- To create a section, hover your cursor over the space between your video rows and select Create section.
- Give your section a title and drag and drop videos into it.
- Move a section up or down using the arrows on the top right. Select the slash symbol to the right of the arrows to delete the section.
⚠️Note: Someone viewing your profile page sees your sectioned videos first. If they want to load more videos, they can do so by clicking Load more at the bottom of the page, which will load up to ten videos at a time as long as you have more videos to show.
⚠️Note: The labels at the top of the page originate from the categories you set for each of your videos.
Order of profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
If you're looking at your profile videos on the mobile site, you'll notice that they appear in reverse-chronological order according to upload date. If you're logged in to your own account, you'll also see your own private videos in reverse-chronological order.
In the Android and iOS apps, you'll see profile videos in the creator's specified order.
⚠️Note: The order of videos appearing on the Android and iOS mobile app is different from mobile browser webpages and these cannot be synced.
What is the logic behind the order of videos displayed on my profile page?
If you do not have any sections on your profile page:
- The manually positioned clips will appear first. This includes rearranged videos.
- Then the remaining videos will be shown in the order of their uploaded date (newest to oldest).
- From the remaining videos, all removed videos will be filtered out. This consists of videos removed from the profile page by clicking on the Remove from profile button and videos that have had their privacy setting or rating changed.
You can also choose to reposition clips and this will take precedence. For example, if you upload new videos they will be shown after these specifically positioned videos.
If you have multiple sections with no videos arranged:
- Uploaded videos will appear in the last section as the first video.
If you have multiple sections with videos arranged in the last section:
- Videos will appear after the rearranged/pinned videos in the last section.
⚠️Note: Only public videos and public trailer videos will be shown on the profile page.