Important update regarding the Create apps for Android and iOS
Vimeo has decided it’s time to discontinue its Create mobile apps to bring you a simpler, more feature-rich experience on mobile. The Create apps for Android and iOS are no longer being updated. Vimeo’s mobile video creation and editing tools are now available in the upgraded Vimeo mobile app for Android and iOS.
From our newly upgraded Vimeo app, you’ll be able to:
- Upload and organize your videos
- Get AI-generated video scripts
- Create new recordings with a teleprompter
- Edit using advanced AI-powered tools
- Leverage video review tools and comments
- Customize your video player
- Monitor video performance
- Manage your team
- And much more
We understand that moving your workflow to a new app can be frustrating and inconvenient, but we’re certain you’ll have a simplified experience by having all your tools in one place on the Vimeo app to access video creation, editing, management, player, and sharing tools. Also, rest assured, we’ll ensure that when you switch to the upgraded Vimeo mobile app, you won’t lose any of the videos you’ve created so far.
Will I lose my videos or subscription?
No – if you’re an existing subscriber to the Create mobile app, you won’t lose access to your videos or subscription on the Create mobile app. We store your videos safely on Vimeo servers, so you can still access them on the upgraded Vimeo mobile app or Vimeo.com. You can also continue accessing technical support for the Create mobile app through the end of 2023. However, Vimeo will no longer publish new releases or security updates for these apps going forward.
When will Vimeo discontinue the Create mobile apps?
In early 2024, we will end support for the Create mobile apps for Android and iOS. At that time, we will stop providing technical support and the apps will be removed from the Google Play and Apple App stores.
If you purchased a subscription through the Create mobile app, there won’t be any cancellation or disruption to your account through the remainder of 2023. But to continue using mobile video creation and editing tools in 2024, you will need to move your subscription to the upgraded Vimeo mobile app using the instructions below:
- Cancel your subscription on the Create mobile app. You can find details on how to do this at Managing mobile in-app subscriptions.
- Download the upgraded Vimeo mobile app for Android and iOS, log in using the same email address as your prior Create app subscription, and purchase a new subscription from the Vimeo app.
- If you had remaining time on your previous Create app subscription, contact us and we will provide a refund for any portion of your previous subscription that was not used.
You will not lose access to your videos by following the steps above. Once you re-subscribe on the upgraded Vimeo mobile app, your videos will be available there. You can regain access to your videos as long as you resubscribe within one year — learn more at Lapsing from paid membership to Basic membership.
I am a free user without a subscription. How can I continue using mobile video creation and editing tools in 2024?
What features from the Create mobile app are available in the upgraded Vimeo app?
You’ll have access to the same creation and editing features on the Vimeo app as you did on the Create mobile app, including:
- Create and edit videos
- Add stock photos
- Add text and captions
- Add branding to a video
- Create videos using templates (Note: This feature is currently available on iOS, and will be available on Android by January 2024.)