You can connect your Vimeo account to Facebook Pages, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Shopify, and Tumblr on your Connected apps setting page. Click Connect next to the corresponding provider to connect your accounts.
Once you connect to an account, you can choose to publish certain actions automatically (such as new uploads and likes).
- Click the Settings link corresponding to any connected account and then select the actions you'd like Vimeo to automatically post about each account.
- Note that some providers only connect for the purposes of publishing to social and simulcasting and may not have additional settings to configure.
To disconnect from any of these accounts, hover your cursor over the Connected button and click it to disconnect. You can always reconnect your account or connect to a different Facebook account if you wish.
Note: If there is any issue with your selected social media connection, to troubleshoot, you can try disconnecting it and then reconnecting it.
If you connect to a Facebook account, please be advised of the following:
- As of August 1, 2018, you can no longer connect and post your Vimeo activity to Facebook profiles. You can still connect and post your Vimeo activity to Facebook Pages.
- A profile is a personal Facebook account for an individual, whereas a Facebook Page is a public profile for businesses, brands, organizations, and public figures.
- Please note that anything that was posted before August 1, 2018, on your Facebook profile will not be affected and will remain unless you choose to manually delete it.
- This also affects Publish to Social, as you will no longer be able to publish Vimeo videos to the native Facebook player on your profile. You can still publish your videos to the native Facebook player via your Facebook Pages.