This article contains steps for sharing a showcase directly or embedding on your own website. Read on for an overview of the viewer experiences for showcases as well.
In this article:
- How to share a showcase
- How to embed your showcase
- Interaction tools in showcases
- Showcase viewing experience overview
How to share a showcase
To share a showcase, follow these steps:
- Go to your Library and click Showcases on the left sidebar, then click on the gear wheel icon (Settings) on the showcase you would like to share.
- Click the Share button on the top right of the page, then select Share from the dropdown.
- Select your preferred sharing method from the options that appear. You can get a link to share on social media, or input email addresses and send them to recipients that way.
You can also select Copy embed code to copy the embeddable playlist iframe code to your clipboard.
How to embed your showcase
You can embed your showcase on your website using an embeddable playlist, which is a feature within showcases. Embeddable playlists can be viewed on both mobile devices and desktops.
To create an embeddable playlist, follow these steps:
- Go to your showcase's settings page.
- Click on the Embed tab in the left panel. This will open up your playlist settings.
- Decide whether or not the embedded playlist will be responsive (so that the video will adapt to the height and width of its container on a smaller screen) or if you have custom dimensions you’d like it to stick to. This information will be reflected in the embed code above that you can copy and paste into your website’s code.
⚠️Note: In order to embed a playlist, you must use its respective embed code (whether fixed size or responsive). You cannot insert showcase URLs into applications that do not support embed codes (for example themes, plugins, galleries, etc).
Interaction tools in showcases
Any video interaction tools (such as end screens, cards, and contact forms) that you previously added will be shown within your showcase to facilitate audience engagement. Once you’ve shared your showcase, your viewers will see your interaction tools when viewing the showcase (in the image below, the interaction tool is a contact form set to display before the start of the video).
Showcase viewing experience overview
When you open a showcase page, you can select any video inside the showcase to watch it. Selecting a video’s title will bring you to a page inside the showcase where you can view the video by itself in a larger player.
When viewing a video in a showcase with the Default or Featured layout, there is an option on the right side of the page to "Autoplay next video" with a list of the following videos in the showcase below it. Leaving this switch toggled on will play the next video in the showcase as soon as the current video concludes.
Showcases in the Live layout feature arrow icons on either side of the player allowing viewers to navigate between videos in the showcase. If "Continuous play," is enabled, the next video will automatically start playing.
If you want to locate a specific video within the showcase, you can use the search function towards the top right corner of the showcase to find the video.
⚠️Note: There is currently no way to automatically loop from the end of the showcase to the first video in the showcase.