This feature requires a Business, Premium, Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise membership.
With this feature, you have access to a suite of video interaction tools, including the ability to capture a viewer’s email and other details using contact forms. You can set up the contact form screen to appear before, during, or after your embedded videos including videos in Showcases. You can then download the viewer inputted information, or sync it to your email service provider (e.g., MailChimp).
If you're a Basic, Plus, Pro, Free, or Starter member, you'll need to upgrade to Vimeo Business, Premium, Advanced, or Enterprise to unlock contact forms for the embedded player.
In this article:
How to set up a contact form
- First, select the video from your Library to open the video settings page.
- Go to the Interactive tab on the left of the video settings page and select Forms to open the Contact form.
- From there, you can choose to enable contact forms before, during, or after your video.
- If you choose to display the screen before or during your video, you will have the option to allow or prevent viewers from skipping the contact form screen.
You can also connect your form directly to one or more of the supported email marketing platforms we partner with, by clicking the Connect button under the section showing the icons of the Email providers.
⚠️Note: While Marketo will be listed as an option in account settings, be advised that we currently only support integrating with Marketo for Webinars and not for uploaded videos.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions, you will be able to log into your account with the other program and connect it to your Vimeo account.
- Once you’ve connected your accounts, be sure to select at least one mailing list to sync any collected information with and press Apply to save your changes.
- When creating your form, you have the option to add a custom message, up to 100 characters in length, that will display along with the contact fields. Submitting an email address will always be required. You can make other fields, such as first name and last name, required by checking the box labeled Required.
⚠️Note: If you haven’t already set up mailing lists that you can connect to, you’ll need to navigate to your email provider’s site to set up a mailing list.
Important: Remember that these changes will only be reflected when your video is embedded on another web page and on-site if your video is set to Unlisted. Public and password-protected video pages on vimeo.com will use default appearance settings.
- When your viewers are submitting their information, a progress bar at the bottom of the contact form screen will let them know how many steps they’ve completed and how much further they have to go before the final submission screen. Once they’ve pressed the blue Submit button, a 3-second countdown to the start of the video will commence. This countdown will appear automatically in the upper right corner of the player.
Contact form specifications
For more information, please see FAQ: Contact forms.