Important note: Enterprise members can move folders.
In this article:
- Feature access by account type
- Rename or delete a folder
- Sort folders in the Libary
- Share the review page of all videos in a folder
- Folders on the video page
Feature access by account type
Folders function differently depending on your membership type:
- For Free, Basic, and Plus members, folders are not shareable, linkable, or visible to anyone but the account owner (if you’d like to create groupings of videos to share, you’ll want to make a showcase, group, or channel).
- For all other plan types, folders are a private workspace for collaboration. Contributor team members added to a folder can upload, manage, replace, and embed videos within that specific folder. Contributors can also upload content to the folder directly from their own accounts.
Rename or delete a folder
If you hover over a folder, you’ll see an ... icon appear. Click the icon to access the options to Rename or Delete your folder. Choosing Delete will bring up a confirmation module to delete the folder, with the option to delete the videos within the folder as well.
You can also click the gear icon in the upper-right section of the page to open the folder settings modal window. Below the names of your team members who have folder access, you’ll find a Delete folder button; note that only the owner and account admins have the ability to delete folders.
Note for Enterprise Accounts: To rename an Enterprise video’s folder, you can also go to your Video Library home page and click on the options menu (•••) to the right to edit the folder name to the desired one.
You can further organize the videos within your folders by making subfolders. To create a subfolder, navigate to one of your folders. In the upper right section of the page, click the (+) New Folder button to create and name your subfolder.
Please note the following about subfolders:
- You can create subfolders up to 10 levels deep within the main parent folder.
- All subfolders will inherit the permissions of the parent folder.
- When the top-level folder is shared with a member of the team, they will also have access to the subfolders.
- If a new subfolder is added to a folder after sharing the folder with a team member, that individual will also have access to the newly created subfolder.
- Team owners and Admins can also share a subfolder separately from its parent folder if you want to restrict access to some of the content in the parent folder.
Sort folders in the Libary
To customize the order of folders and content displayed in your Library, you can use the dropdown menu towards the left of the page.
Select the dropdown menu next to Modified or Added to sort your folders by date modified or added to your Library. Use the arrow to the right to switch between descending and ascending dates.
Share the review page of all videos in a folder
The Enable link is unavailable for the Starter plan. If you have a Vimeo Pro account or higher, you can share the review pages for all of the videos. To do so, click the Share button on the folder page (located below your profile picture, to the left of the folder settings icon) or within the review page of a video that is in the folder.
At the bottom of the modal window that pops up, click Enable to access the shareable link. You can then copy the link to share it with reviewers.
Folder breadcrumbs on the video page
You can see which folder and subfolder a video is located in at the top left corner of the video page. You can navigate to the folders from these links as well.