This article will explain how to create a new folder in your Library and start adding videos to it. To learn more about customizing and organizing your folders, see Organize videos into folders.
In this article:
- How to create a folder
- How to add videos to a folder
- How to move videos into a folder
- How to change the destination of a video before uploading
How to create a folder
To create a folder, follow these steps:
- Select the New Folder button at the top right of your Library. Or, select the plus sign + icon next to Library.
- In the window that opens, add a name to your folder and invite any team members with whom you’d like to collaborate. You can also enable Slack integration from this page.
- Click Create. The folder will appear in your left navigation.
4. When you create a new folder you will see the option to Invite people and Upload.
⚠️Note: Enterprise teams can also add folders and subfolders from their Video Library page.
How to add videos to a folder
After you create a folder, you can add videos to it by clicking Upload or Add videos or by dragging and dropping videos directly into it. You can add multiple videos to a folder at once by clicking their checkboxes and then dragging and dropping them to the desired folder.
To upload a video directly into a folder, open the folder in your library, then drag the video file from your File Explorer or Finder window into the browser window with that folder open. Alternatively, open the folder, then click New video > Upload to open your File Explorer or Finder window. Select the video file to start the upload.
- It’s not possible to put one video into multiple folders.
- By default, any videos you add to your account via Create will go in the folder labeled Create.
How to move videos into a folder
To move a video from one folder to another, open the first folder, select the video you want to move, and drag and drop it into the other folder in the left panel. Moving a video will not impact the video's share link or embed code.
To move one or more video(s) at a time, you can perform bulk actions on a subset of videos in the Library or from search results within the Library.
- To select a video, check the box on the left side of its thumbnail/row (depending on if you are in grid-view or list-view).
- Then, select Move.
- Choose the folder destination for your videos and Confirm.
How to change the destination of a video before uploading
On the upload page, you can select which folder to upload a video to. Select the dropdown menu to search the folders in your Library.
⚠️Note: It is not possible to change the default upload location for all of your videos.