This feature requires a Starter, Standard, Advanced, Plus, Pro, Business, Premium, or Enterprise membership.
Vimeo's paid plans give you more control over the embedded player and unlisted video player.
- Player icon
- Customization options
- Player preferences
- Custom player colors
- Buttons and player controls
- Play button location
- Domain-level privacy
- Embed Presets
- Small embedded players
- Third-party players
After selecting a video from your Libary, the Player icon is placed on the left-side panel of the video settings page.
You can select Create presets to add new presets. Presets allow you to easily apply the same appearance settings and end screen to multiple videos. Selecting the Manage button will let you add new Embed presets.
There are two ways to edit the player appearance settings for your videos. You can edit the embedded settings for an individual video via the video settings page, which can be found by selecting the player icon on the left side of the screen. Or, you can create Embed presets in your Account settings and then apply those to multiple videos.
Any time you change the custom embed options for a particular video, that video will automatically update on sites where it has already been embedded.
⚠️Note: Remember that these changes will only be reflected when your video is embedded on another web page and on-site if your video is set to Unlisted. Public and password-protected video pages on vimeo.com will use default appearance settings.
You have the choice to show or hide your profile picture, title, and/or byline when the embedded or unlisted video player first loads.
After clicking the Player on the left-hand panel, scroll down to Video details to toggle these options.
Note that there is currently no way to include the video download button on the embedded player; this is only accessible from the video page on Vimeo.com.
Custom player colors
Select the Player icon from the left-hand panel on the video settings page in order to open customization settings. You can adjust custom colors by either entering hex color codes or Red-Green_Blue values to choose an exact color. Select the HEX or RGB button to switch between color codes. You can also drag the slider in the color bar and box to manually choose a color.
Below is a breakdown of where each custom color selection will appear:
- Title background
- Username background
- Button background
- Play button background
- Control bar background
- Title background hover
- Username background hover
- Button background hover
- Play button background hover
- Progress bar (Fill)
- Button icon
- Play button icon
- Progress bar (White, 30%)
- Player background
Buttons and player controls
On the left-hand panel click on Player, scroll down to Actions to find the Like, Watch Later, Share and Embed buttons. You can toggle each of these on and off as desired, including whether the Share button includes the embed code in the shared lightbox that appears when a viewer clicks it.
At the bottom of the Player, find the Controls to toggle the controls and other elements you want to appear here:
- Play bar
- Volume control
- Fullscreen button
Vimeo logo or a custom logo
- Custom logo is only available to Pro users and above. We recommend using transparent 200×200 PNG files for best results.
Play button location
After selecting the Player icon, scroll down to find options for customizing the location of the Play button on the video player.
The options for the Play button are explained below:
Auto: The default option. The play button will appear in the bottom-left, or center responsive to the screen size.
- Bottom: Always at the bottom left-hand corner of the player.
Center: Always at the center of the player.
With domain-level privacy, you can specify and manage up to 50 domains where your video can be embedded. Any sites that are not on your list will receive an error message when they attempt to embed it.
To set up domain-level privacy:
- Open the video settings page and select the Privacy setting from the top of the page.
Scroll down on the panel on the right to the Embed section and open the dropdown menu under “Where can the video be embedded?” and select Specific domains.
- Add the domain names for the sites where you’d like your video to be embedded.
- Click the (+) button or hit the enter key on your keyboard to add them.
Interaction tools––end screens, contact forms, chapters, and cards––help you connect with your viewers and can help drive engagement and conversions. These will appear in both the embedded player and unlisted videos. To add these to your video, select your video from the Library and open the Interaction tab on the right side.
To apply the same custom embed settings to multiple videos, you can create an embed preset under the Videos tab in your Account settings.
- Click "+Add new preset,"
- Name you preset and make your customization choices.
- Hit the Save button. You have the option to apply your new preset to all your videos by checking the box next to "Also apply to all existing videos".
You can apply your new preset to an individual video by:
- Select your desired video.
- Click on the Player button on the right panel.
- Below the Player tab, select the desired preset from the dropdown.
- Hit the Save button.
Small embedded players
If your embedded video is less than 375px wide, some of the embedded elements will be hidden.
- Mini Mode is activated if the player is smaller than 375px wide. In Mini Mode, the portrait, volume slider, and Vimeo logo are hidden.
- Tiny Mode is activated if the player is smaller than 300px wide or 169px tall. In Tiny Mode, the portrait, title, control bar, Vimeo logo, Like / Watch Later / Share buttons, and end screens are hidden.
- If using a Custom Logo (Pro or Starter and above only): If you’re using a custom logo in the player, the criteria for Mini Mode and Tiny Mode are a bit different. Mini mode is activated when the player is smaller than 450px wide. Tiny mode is activated if the player is smaller than 338px or 190px tall.
Important: If your webpage is using a responsive design, the embedded player may automatically adhere to a smaller size on mobile. Some end screens will not appear if the player is smaller than 300px wide or 169px tall.
Vimeo’s embed and privacy settings only apply to the embedded Vimeo player. If you’re a Vimeo Business or Pro member using third-party player links, Vimeo’s embed customizations will not apply. However, the third-party player might support its own set of customizations — check out their support documentation for more info.