Embedding allows you to take a video and post it on a web page outside of Vimeo. You can embed your own videos as well as those owned by others as long as the video owner has embedding enabled. Embedded videos are hosted on Vimeo but will appear directly on your website so that viewers don’t have to leave the page to watch it. Learn more at How do I embed my video?
The Vimeo player can be resized and customized to fit the design of your website. Learn which features are available for your Vimeo plan:
Embedding features for Basic and Free members
Basic and Free members can customize the following features of the embedded player:
- Player size
- Text and play bar colors
- Show or hide your portrait, byline, and video title in the player (note: must be done within the embed code or share box.
Learn more about customizing your video player at Customize the video player.
Embedding features for paid members
Vimeo paid members enjoy complete control over the embedded player including the options to:
- Show or hide the Share, Like, and Watch Later buttons
- Show or hide the Vimeo logo, play bar, volume control, and fullscreen buttons
- Embed a background or chromeless video. Learn more at Embed background and chromeless videos.
- Choose what gets displayed after a video finishes playing. Learn more at End scenes.
- Choose which specific sites the video can appear on.