Vimeo Record can be used within the Create editor page as well as the Media Manager modal window for all web users. You don't need to install any applications or record separately; you can directly record your videos and edit them in one place.
- Record does not support the Firefox web browser. We recommend Google Chrome.
- Be mindful of the total video time limit when recording 30 seconds if you're on a Basic or Free plan; 2 hours for Plus, Starter, or higher.
- If your recording causes your whole video to exceed the allowed time limit, the recording will automatically be cut short to keep the video within your allotted time.
Record when editing a video
If you previously created a video and want to add a recording to it, you can open the Vimeo Record tool, record a video, and add it to your storyboard all from the Create editor.
- In the Library, open the Create folder. Click on the video you wish to edit, then click on the Edit Video icon to the left of the player to open Create editor.
- Select Media from the left-side toolbar and select the Record button represented by a filled circle with a circular outline.
- You will be asked to give access to your camera and microphone. Once all the permissions are in place, you can configure your video source and microphone and Start recording.
- Once you stop the recording, you will see a modal window prompting you to add a name and description for your recording.
- Click Add video to see it in the My Media section to the left of your screen.
- Add a new scene and then select your recording from My Media to drop it into your video’s timeline.