Text can be added to your video in the editor.
In this article, learn how to:
How to add text:
Each text box can support up to 100 alphanumeric characters.
⚠️Note: Currently, some languages that do not use Latin alphanumeric characters may not render correctly.
To add text:
- Select the place in your video that you would like to add text to from the Timeline.
- Select the Text button from the left sidebar
- Select from one of the four default text presets (Title, Headline, Subheadline, or Caption) or select + Add text to add a text box.
- Add the text that you would like to appear in the textbox.
- A new line will appear in Timeline to represent the text box(es). You can select and drag the edges of the text boxes to shorten or lengthen their durations.
- You can also select and drag the box itself in the timeline to change when it appears. Learn more about working with the Timeline at 'How do I use the Timeline in the editor?'
You can also highlight all or portions of your text in another color.
To highlight text:
- Select the textbox to open the Edit Text menu from the sidebar.
- Select the letter(s) or word(s) that you would like to highlight and select Highlight. This will make the selected text another color.
- Selecting Highlight once more with the highlighted text selected will remove the highlight effect.
💡Tip: You can change the color of the highlighter by selecting the Highlighter Color button in the Inspector Toolbar.
Edit text with the text inspector toolbar:
The text inspector toolbar will appear above the preview when you select a textbox. Learn more about working with the inspector toolbar at 'How do I use the inspector toolbar in the editor?'
With the text inspector toolbar, you can customize:
Font: Select the font for your text.
- Custom fonts can be added via the Brand Kit.
- Font Size: Select the size of your font.
- Text color: Change the color of the text in the textbox.
- Fill color: Set the background color of your textbox.
- Highlighter Color: Set the color of the highlighter effect if you are using it.
- Alignment: Align the text to the left, to the right, or in the center of the textbox.
- Drop Shadow: Add a drop shadow effect to the text. Select from None, Soft, Normal, and Strong.
Animation: Select an animated effect when your textbox appears on the screen by selecting the icon in the top-right corner of the animation type.
💡Tip: You can customize the animation by animating the textbox, line of text, word, or character. You can also select the direction of text animation for some animation effects.
- Edit text: Change the text in the selected textbox. You can also open the Edit Text menu by double-selecting the textbox in the video.
💡Tip: If you're unsure which font you've used in your video, the Fonts menu will list the fonts currently in use.