When using interactive, a hotspot is a visible call to action on your video that acts as a ‘hitbox’ that when tapped triggers an action. You can add a hotspot to anything such as people, objects, or products to make your video interactive. You can choose to move your hotspot as your object does or set it to a fixed position.
Types of Hotspot
Interactive offers two types of hotspots.
- Sticky Hotspots: These types of hotspots stick to people or objects as they move. You can see a higher viewer activity on sticky hotspots compared to static ones.
- Static Hotspots: These are anchored to a fixed position in the video frame and don't move. You can decide when you want them to appear on the video/image.
You can use the save interactive settings button to save the hotspots and overlays you've designed for a given project as a template for use later on.
Save Interactive settings
You can save elements from an interactive video (hotspots, overlays, and time triggers) as a template for future use. This feature will help you save time by reducing the need to design elements from scratch.
To save your video’s settings as a template:
- Select the Saved Settings option in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From here, you’ll be prompted to assign it a name before saving.
- You can apply your settings to a new video once you’ve saved your settings. When you open a new project in the studio, click on the Saved Settings again and select the Apply Saved Settings option.
4. You can select the settings you want to apply to your video.