When you create a live event, you can select one of the following privacy options.
- Public - This setting means there are no privacy restrictions on the event. Anyone who accesses the URL associated with this event can view the event, both on Vimeo and when the video is embedded.
- Private - This means only the account owner and team members on the account can view this event, both on Vimeo and in the embedded player.
- Password - This setting prompts you to create a password for your live event. Only those who have a link to this event and input this password can view the event. Only one password can be created per event.
- Unlisted - This setting means that a viewer must be provided with the unique link to view the event page on Vimeo.com. You can also embed your event depending on the embed privacy you configure in the Embed tab (more on that below). The event cannot be found via search.
- Hide from Vimeo - This means the broadcast cannot be watched on its Vimeo page, and can only be seen embedded on another site. This setting is most commonly used in conjunction with our domain-level embedded privacy.
You can also enable domain-level embed privacy by adjusting the option Embed privacy:
- Anywhere is fully open privacy.
- Nowhere disables embedding completely.
- Specific domains allow you to input the specific URLs that are allowed to host the embedded player.
Now the viewer count is hidden using the Hide viewer count toggle on the Appearance tab of the event settings page, under Customization. There, you'll be able to check the box for "Hide viewer count on the video page and in search results." This setting will disable the live viewer count for all future embedded live streams.