On-site notifications provide you with updates about activity related to your Vimeo account (e.g. interactions with your videos or updates on your Vimeo On Demand purchases).
On the desktop version of Vimeo, there's a bell icon in the top navigation of every page (between the search bar and your profile picture). A red dot appears on that bell when there's new activity. Clicking on the bell will reveal a list of recent notifications, which you can scroll through.
Clicking on a notification in that list will take you to that activity (e.g. clicking on a new follower notification would take you to that new follower's Vimeo profile). There's also a "See all" link, where you can see all the activity on your account in the last 30 days.
Note: To receive emails from us, you can go ahead and make necessary changes to your notifications settings.
Complete list of activity notifications
- Someone new follows you
- A new like on one of your videos
- A new comment one of your videos
- A new reply to your comment
- You are added to the credits of a video
- You are @ mentioned in a comment
- You receive a new message
- A video you uploaded is ready to watch
- Someone shares a video with you
- Someone follows a channel you created
- Someone you follow uploads a new video
- You successful purchase of a Vimeo On Demand title
- A Vimeo On Demand title you preordered is now available
- A Vimeo On Demand title rental is about to expire