After you customize the Vimeo player, you can embed it into your website, allowing your visitors to watch your video directly from your site. To do so:
- Find your video in your Library and select it to open the video settings page.
- In the upper right corner, select the Embed button.
- A modal window will open with the HTML code. By default, this code is for a Responsive player, but you can switch it to Fixed and manually configure the size (in pixels) of the embedded player if you wish.
- Click Copy embed code to copy the HTML code to your clipboard, which you can then paste into your website’s HTML editor.
- Any changes you make to your video, such as its appearance settings, will automatically apply to the embedded player. You will not need to re-embed your video.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- If you see an error message in the embedded player, check your privacy settings.
- Make sure you’ve allowed your website’s domain to embed your video.
- Videos set to “Private” can only be seen by other team members on your Vimeo account, even if they’re embedded elsewhere. Use "Unlisted" instead.
- If you’re more comfortable with HTML, we have a reference of player parameters you can add to further customize the embedded player.
- The size and position of the player iframe can be influenced by the styling of your webpage. This is common when using pre-built themes or plugins in webpage builders such as WordPress, Wix, or Squarespace. If you are setting the dimensions in your embed code correctly, but the Vimeo player is displaying differently, we suggest checking your webpage builder to see if any additional formatting is being applied to the player iframe.
Videos can only be embedded in specific versions of Microsoft PowerPoint. Learn more about which versions are supported from Microsoft at 'Versions of PowerPoint that support online videos'. Microsoft also outlines how to insert a video into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Alternatively, you can download your video to your device and add that file to your PowerPoint presentation. Learn how to download Vimeo videos at 'How to download a video'. Learn how to insert a video file in a PowerPoint presentation from Microsoft at 'Insert and play a video file from your computer'.