Any video can be edited in Create editor, regardless of whether or not it was originally made with Create (time limitations based on account type apply).
When opened in Create editor, videos not originally made with Create will generate as a single scene. You can use the timeline and trim tools in. Learn more at ‘How do I use the Timeline in Create editor?’
To edit a video in Create editor:
- Select your video from your video library after uploading your video to Vimeo.
- Select the Edit & Trim button, represented by the scissors icon.
- From the pop-up Edit and Trim menu, select Edit to open Create editor or select Trim to trim your video down.
- Your video will open in Create editor as a single scene.
💡Tip: You can use the split tool located in the Timeline to split the single scene into multiple scenes. Learn more at ‘How do I use the Timeline in Create editor?’
- After you've finished editing your video, select Save in the top right corner of Create editor.
When saving your video for the first time, a new video file will be generated and saved to your video library. The original video file will not be edited. Any further changes to the edited copy will reflect on that file and not the original.
⚠️Note: The additional generated video file will be counted towards your weekly upload quota and storage limits. Learn more at ‘Weekly upload quota and total storage limits’.