This feature requires an Advanced or Premium plan, or an Enterprise account with the Events feature added.
Admins of an Enterprise account can create, stream to, or moderate virtual events on behalf of the account owner.
- Create and manage events
- Go live to recurring events and webinars
- Moderate live chat
- Control Polls and Q&A
- Create and control graphics overlays
- Admin limitations
Create and manage events
Team admins should log in to their own accounts and navigate to the team account using the team switcher at the top of the library.
Once there, the Live Events tab in the library will present admins with the complete list of created live events for the account. They can also create a new event.
💡Tip: Admins on Enterprise accounts can also move live events from the Live Events page to any folder.
Creating an event or opening an existing one brings up the live settings page. Admins can change the title, scheduled time, thumbnail, and description of the event. They can also access the embed code, change embed settings, or toggle on/off Live Chat.
Admins can then proceed with managing the event. How this works varies depending on the type of event you created.
Go live to recurring events and webinars
On the live settings or webinar management page, admins can open the Manage production menu and choose whether to Stream with Vimeo or Stream via RTMP.
Stream via RTMP will bring them to our preview page where they can either grab the code and stream key for the live event to configure an external encoder.
- Alternatively, they can download Livestream Studio from this page. They can then sign in to their account and select the team account within Studio, allowing them to stream to the team account directly from Studio. Learn more.
Stream with Vimeo will bring the admin to the web-based production tool where all production elements of the event can be configured and controlled by any admin on the team. There will be a team presence indicator at the top of the page to let you know if other members of your team are actively on the page.
- There is currently no way to restrict or assign areas of access to team members on the page.
⚠️Note: Currently only one member of the team can be an active broadcaster on the event. If you want another team member to be the main broadcaster:
- Make sure that the team member is actively on the broadcaster page.
- Click the Speakers icon on the left to open the Speakers panel.
- Hover over the top speaker slot (the broadcaster), then click the ••• menu.
- Click Switch camera.
- Choose the team member whose camera and microphone should be active.
- Note: A team member can also do this, such as if the active broadcaster leaves the page.
If you want to have multiple members of your team participate in the stream as guest speakers, you will need to invite them separately.
Moderate live chat
Admins can toggle on Live Chat and can see messages appear in real-time. Admins have the ability to delete messages, ban users, and disable chat at any point in the stream. Banning a user prevents them from participating in that individual chat, but does not prevent them from participating in future chats. Admins can do this regardless if they are the active broadcaster for that event.
Control Polls and Q&A
Admins have the ability to fully control Polls and Q&A from their respective panels. Admins can do this regardless if they are the active broadcaster for that event.
Create and control graphics overlays
The graphics panel is also available to Admins, allowing them to create lower-thirds, fullscreen, and logo overlays, and control when they appear during the broadcast. Admins can do this regardless if they are the active broadcaster for that event.
- Admins cannot connect or disconnect simulcast destinations on the team account, although they can add or remove a destination for that particular broadcast if the desired destination is already connected to Vimeo.
- Admins also cannot authenticate API Integrations (including accessing Livestream Studio) on behalf of the account owner.
- Admins cannot delete events on the team account.