The teleprompter on the Vimeo mobile app helps you create a script and have it appear on your screen while you record your video, allowing you to read your dialogue. The script will not be visible in the final video.
How to set up your teleprompter
You can set up a teleprompter from the Record screen of the Vimeo mobile apps.
To set up the teleprompter:
- From the home screen, select the circular blue button with a white plus sign in the middle.
Android: Select Record a Video.
iOS: Select Record Video
Select the teleprompter button to open the teleprompter menu.
Type out your script in the text box.
💡Tip: iOS users can use AI to help generate a script for their teleprompter. Learn more at How can I use AI to generate a script for my mobile teleprompter? (iOS only)
- When you have completed your script, select Save.
How to record a video using the teleprompter
After setting up your teleprompter, you can begin to record your video clips.
Select the red record button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your first clip. Your script will begin to scroll up the screen.
- To stop recording, select the record button once more. This will bring you to the main recording screen with the script for the next clip displayed.
- Press Record to record the next clips.
- Repeat this process until all clips are recorded.
- When you’re happy with your recording, select Save. This will save the video to your Vimeo account.
To learn how to customize the teleprompter's settings, visit How can I customize the mobile teleprompter?