This feature requires a Vimeo Enterprise plan. Learn more about this integration here.
Within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Email Studio allows you to build emails and marketing campaigns. The Vimeo app can be accessed within Email Studio in order to perform a variety of functions, including embedding video assets in your emails. Read on to learn more.
In this article:
How to access the Vimeo app in Email Studio
You can access the Vimeo App right within Email Studio by leveraging the custom content block titled Vimeo - For Email.
You can drag and drop this custom content block onto the Email template where you want to embed your video asset. This will then open up the app in the left-hand panel.
You will see the following options in the Vimeo app:
- Your Vimeo Video Library with the ability to filter by folders, search, or upload videos.
- Abridged Quick Actions to perform against the video assets including:
- Embed in Email: Allows you to enter into a step-by-step flow to select either a gif or thumbnail asset to port to content builder, allowing that asset to be embedded in an email. This is a slightly simpler flow since the asset will be immediately available to embed in the Email context.
- Trim Video: Allows you to trim the video by launching our Trim Partner Product.
- View Video: Allows you to access the video manage page on Vimeo for the video asset if you have edit access, or the view page if you do not have edit access to the video.
- Settings: this will pull up the basic settings of the video to manage such as the title, description, privacy setting, etc.
How to embed in Email
The Embed in Email flow simplifies the steps to generate an asset and embed it directly in an email.
- When hovering over a video, you will see the option to embed which will launch the Embed in Email flow.
- Select your GIF or Thumbnail. You can also Create GIF or Create Thumbnail from this flow.
- Configure the GIF or thumbnail such as whether or not it should have a play button and where the asset should link to.
- Embed in email. This action will embed the asset directly into the email template and port the asset to Content Builder in the background. After which, you can select the Close button.
- The asset will now appear in the email and is available for preview. In addition, the asset will be ported to Content Builder so it is available to repurpose for emails in the future. Content Builder assets can be accessed via the Content tab in the left-hand panel.
If you have already ported assets to Content Builder to support embed in email, you can access them right within Email Studio under the Content tab.