This article covers how to delete your Vimeo account and the implications of doing so. We strongly recommend exercising caution when considering whether and when to delete your account.
⚠️Note: Once an account is deleted, we cannot guarantee that any information is retained, which means we will not be able to restore account details, assets, or activity. If you have questions related to restoring your account, contact us.
If you would like to information on how to cancel your subscription, visit Cancel my subscription.
In this article:
- How to delete your account
- How to delete an account created via a third party (Google, Facebook, Apple)
How to delete your account
If you're sure you'd like to permanently delete your Vimeo account and all content associated with it, follow these steps:
- Log in > Hover over your profile picture in the top navigation bar, then select Settings in the drop-down menu.
💡Tip: You can follow this Settings link to go to the page directly.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Click Delete my account and follow the on-screen instructions.
This will permanently remove your account on Vimeo and all your videos, collections, likes, comments, etc. from Vimeo. Here's what else deleting your account does:
- Deleting your account (or anything else, like a video or comment) will remove it from public view on Vimeo.
- After it’s deleted, we may retain some of your information and activity on our internal servers for a period of time in case you wish to restore it or for certain legal purposes.
- Your account will not be viewable to the public. Please note that deleting videos, profile pictures, comments, or descriptions may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal because third parties may have reposted your material, and search engines may have indexed or cached it before you deleted it. We have no control over third-party sites or search engine results.
How to delete an account created via a third party (Google, Facebook, Apple)
If you signed up for a Vimeo account via a third party like Google, you will need to create a Vimeo password in order to delete your account. See the steps at How to update your password to create a password before attempting to delete your account. Then, follow the steps above.
Learn more about deleting: