We frequently hear from people who have accidentally created multiple accounts by logging in to Vimeo via Facebook, Google, or Apple.
This can happen when you follow the "Login with Facebook/Google/Apple" prompt via the app or a mobile browser.
The following points should help resolve any issues caused by duplicate accounts:
- If you created your account via Facebook, you'll need to set a password before you can take action on it (such as deletion). This step is required to ensure that you'll be able to maintain access to your Vimeo account separately from Facebook in the future. Learn more at 'Creating a Vimeo account via Facebook'.
- If you created or uploaded any videos on a duplicate account that was generated through Facebook, Google, or Apple, you'll need to set your password before you can edit or manage those videos.
- If you created your account using your Apple ID, you may have used the “Hide My Email” feature that provides Vimeo with a random, private email address. To find and manage accounts created using Sign-In with Apple, follow the instructions on Apple’s Support site at 'Manage the apps that you use with Sign in with Apple'.
- If you created a duplicate account on Vimeo, and wish to delete one, follow the steps outlined in 'Deleting your account' in the Vimeo Help Center.
- If you no longer have access to a duplicate account, please reference the steps at 'I can't access my account' or fill out the form found at 'Can't access your account?' for further assistance.
- While we can't merge accounts, we can move videos from one account to another. If you have multiple accounts that have videos, feel free to request a video transfer using the information found at 'Transferring videos from one account to another'.