This guide will walk through how Enterprise users can set up a SCIM connection with Vimeo for their organization using Azure as their IdP (Identity Provider).
If you’re an existing Vimeo Enterprise customer and don’t have SCIM, please contact your Account Manager for more information. If you are not a Vimeo Enterprise customer yet and are interested in SCIM, please contact us.
In this article:
- Preparing the Vimeo API application
- Configuring the Azure app
- Provisioning users from Azure to Vimeo
- Tips to configure SCIM for Azure
Preparing the Vimeo API application
- Open https://developer.vimeo.com
- Log in as a team owner.
- Select Get started or New app.
- Fill out the form, then select Create App.
- Scroll down to the Generate an access token section.
- Select Authenticated (you).
- Select Private, then Scim scopes.
- Press Generate button.
- Copy or save newly generated token somewhere, such as a note-taking application.
Configuring the Azure App
- Go to your existing Vimeo application that is used for Vimeo.
- Go to Provisioning -> Update credentials -> Open Admin credentials.
- Set tenant URL as https://api.vimeo.com/scim/v2/1234567, where "1234567" is the Vimeo team owner's User ID (see Prerequisites).
- Set the Secret token from the section above (Preparing Vimeo API application).
- Select Test Connection.
- Save configuration.
- Open Mappings.
8. Go to Provision Azure Active Directory Groups.
9. Set up like on the screenshot below and Save.
Provisioning users from Azure to Vimeo
The initial step for starting provisioning in Azure is the Start provisioning button in the Azure Enterprise application.
After that, every user you assign to the application will be provisioned into Vimeo.
After provisioning is initiated you can find out that your team owner account now has team members.
Tips to configure SCIM for Azure
When you change a user, keep UserName and Email attributes identical. Currently, Vimeo does support the next user attributes. Vimeo supports the below user attributes:
- schemas (read-only, required by SCIM specification)
- id (read-only, required by SCIM specification)
- Username (mutable, requires the same value for email)
- Name (mutable)
- name.formatted (same as givenName+familyName)
- displayName (same as givenName+familyName)
- Active (mutable)
- emails (only type=work and primary=true) (mutable)
- profileUrl (read-only)
- locale (mutable)
- groups (read-only, mutable from /Groups endpoint)
- meta (read-only)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.