Use the trimmer to remove unwanted sections from your video’s beginning and end.
This article refers to the trimmer tool found on the video settings page for all uploaded Vimeo videos. To learn more about the trimming feature in the Create editor, visit How do I use the Timeline in the Create editor?.
You can access the trimmer by visiting the settings page for the video that you’d like to trim and selecting the Edit & Trim option.
To use the trimmer:
- Visit the video’s setting’s page and select the Edit and Trim button to the left of the video preview. The circular button shows a pair of scissors.
- Select Trim from the menu.
- Select and drag the trimer handles at the beginning and end of your video to shorten or lengthen the duration.
💡Tip: You can also untrim previously trimmed videos. Select the trimmer handles and drag in the opposite direction you used to trimmed to display the previously trimmed media.
- You can split your video into multiple clips by selecting and dragging the time indicator needle the specified point in your video and selecting the Split button. ().
- The clip will be split into two separate clips on either side of the time indicator needle.
- Each clip can be trimmed individual of the other or split further.
- You can also delete a clip by selecting the clip and selecting the Delete button ().
💡Tip: Use the zoom slider to zoom in and out of the timeline to help you make more exact trims.
- Videos can be trimmed in units of 20 milliseconds (0:00:20) and above.
- The tool is not enabled for 360-degree videos or videos that were uploaded to Vimeo prior to October 2013.
- Currently, the trimmer is not enabled for VOD (video-on-demand) videos.
- If you would like multiple trimmed clips to be saved as separate videos, you will need to re-upload your original video to trim it another time.