Use Vimeo's trimmer tool to remove unwanted sections from your video’s beginning and end.
⚠️Note: This article is referring to the trimmer tool found on the video settings page for all Vimeo videos. To learn more about the trimming feature in the Vimeo Create editor, see here.
The video trimmer tool is available on the Video Page (desktop only) to the left of the player.
Set the video length by holding and dragging the trimmer handles. You can move the needle in the trimmer bar to preview the video scenes and ease the trimming start/endpoint selection.
You can also enter the values manually or use the keyboard when the handle is selected:
0.2 second (00:00:20) step
Arrow + shift-click
2 second (0:02) step
⚠️ Please note the following about the trim tool:
- Videos can be trimmed in units of 20 milliseconds (0:00:20) and above.
- The tool is not enabled for 360-degree videos or videos that were uploaded to Vimeo prior to October, 2013.
- Videos on Basic and Plus accounts that were trimmed using this tool cannot be untrimmed once saved. The new trimmed version will replace the original one, and it cannot be restored.
- For Basic, Plus, and Pro subscribers, the trimmed video would take up the full quota space if the original video is not uploaded within the same week.
- For Business and Premium subscribers, you will have the option to delete the previous version of the untrimmed video to gain the full quota space back.
- For Starter, Standard, and Advanced subscribers, trimming your video does not impact your account’s video upload and creation capacity unless you select “Save as New.”
- Currently, the trim tool is not enabled for VOD (video-on-demand) videos.