There are two ways your customers can log into your site:
- Using an email address and password combination.
- Receiving a login link to their email.
In this article:
- What is the login process like?
- What is the reset password process like?
- What if my site doesn't require passwords?
- Passwords in branded apps FAQ
What is the login process like?
- An existing customer lands on the login page from your homepage or Browse Content page:
- They enter their account email address and select Next
- They are taken to the page to enter their password.
- If they enter their correct password, they'll be taken to browse to watch your content.
What is the reset password process like?
- If they have forgotten their password and are logged out, they should visit the login page of your site.
- Enter their account email address and click Next.
- Then under the password field, click Reset your password.
- On the next page, they will confirm their email address and select Reset password.
- If there is an active account under that address, we will email it a link to reset the password. If there is no account, no email will be sent. Sometimes a user has forgotten the email associated with their account and will need to try logging in with a different email.
What if my site doesn't require passwords?
If your site doesn't require passwords, users will be prompted to check their emails for a sign-in link after entering their email address in the log-in flow.
Passwords in branded apps FAQ:
Is password support going to be enabled for my branded apps?
Password support is live for all apps except for Xbox.
Once password functionality is enabled on the apps, does that replace the activation process?
TV branded apps (Roku, Apple TV, AndroidTV, & Amazon Fire TV) do not require a password to sign in; users can continue to activate their devices through the standard pairing process.
Will subscribers who have subscribed through their Roku, Google, Apple, and Amazon accounts be able to log in using a password?
Yes, they will also see the password creation button when they log in and can set a password as well.