This feature requires an paid plan on Vimeo.
Customizable downloading permissions give you more control over the functionality of your videos on Vimeo. This article includes steps for editing settings on an individual video or for all current and/or future uploads.
In this article:
- How to change download settings for an individual video
- How to disable downloads for all current and/or future uploads
How to change download settings for an individual video
You can allow viewers to download their video from the video’s clip page on vimeo.com. It's not currently possible for viewers to download your video from the embedded player.
To allow or disallow downloads for a particular video, follow these steps:
- Log into Vimeo and navigate to your Library.
- Select the video you want to change.
- Click Privacy (lock icon).
- At the top of the panel, toggle the switch next to Allow downloads.
- Your settings will save automatically.
⚠️Note: As the owner of the video, you will always see the download button on your video page regardless of your download settings.
How to disable downloads for all current and/or future uploads
To remove the ability to download your videos from all your existing videos and/or future uploads:
- Go to the Upload defaults tab under the Video section in your Account Settings.
- Under the "What can people do with your videos?" section uncheck Download them.
- If you only want to remove the ability to download your videos from future uploads, click Save button.
- If you want to remove the ability to download your videos from all your videos, past and future, make sure to check the box next to Also apply to existing videos before clicking the blue Save button.