You can invite team members to your account to help upload and manage your videos, events, and collections. You can also add team members to your account by sharing a video with them; see How to share videos with your team to learn more.
In this article:
- Invite a team member to your account
- Troubleshooting steps for adding a team member
- How to add team members to a folder
- How to invite a team member to multiple folders
Invite a team member to your account
Owners and Admins can add new team members to the account. To add a team member to your account, follow these steps:
- Click the Manage Team tab in your Account Settings to open the team management page. You’ll see all your existing team members on this page (by default, it’s just you listed there).
Click the + Invite people button on the right side of the page.
In the module that opens, enter your team member’s email address, then select their role from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you are on a Starter, Standard, or Advanced plan and you’ve run out of seats, click Purchase seats to buy more seats for your account. Only the owner can purchase seats.
- To add more than one team member, you can type or paste up to 10 email addresses at a time separated by commas. All team members invited at the same time will have the same role.
- Type in the message field to add a note to the email invites that your team members will receive.
- Click Invite to send the invitation(s).
- You will see a Pending indicator below their name and role on the team management page until they accept the invitation.
Troubleshooting steps for adding a team member
If the person you’ve added hasn’t responded to your invite, you can send them a reminder. Hover over the Pending status on the team management page and select the Send reminder link that appears. We will also send them a reminder automatically if they have not responded within 24 hours.
If your team member is having trouble receiving the invite email, you can send them a direct invite URL by hovering over the Pending status, selecting the Copy invite link button, and sending it directly to your team member. Please note that this link is unique to each team member, so it can’t be used to invite others to the account. Once a team member accepts the invitation, the Copy invite link option will not appear any longer.
If the team member already has a Vimeo account that they would like to link, make sure you are using the correct email address.
If the team member is still having trouble, try removing and reinviting them from the team settings page.
How to add team members to a folder
You can also add a contributor or viewer directly to a folder from your Library by following these steps:
- Select the folder you want to add the team member to.
Click the Share button in the upper right corner.
- A menu will appear that shows all the team members currently in the folder (by default, it’s just you).
- Type in the email address of the team member. (Tip: If they have an existing Vimeo account, enter the email address associated with it.)
Choose their role for that folder (Can edit for Contributor or Can view for Viewer).
Note: If you are on a Starter, Standard, or Advanced plan and have run out of seats, click Purchase seats to buy more for your account. Only the owner can purchase seats.
Select Share. They will receive an invite to your folder.
Note: Only Public, Hide from Vimeo, and Private (only me) videos will be accessible from the shared folder URL.
How to invite a team member to multiple folders
Account owners and admins on any paid plan can invite team members to multiple folders at the same time. Follow the steps below to add a team member to folders in bulk:
- On the team management page, find the team member you would like to add to an existing folder.
- Select the options (…) menu next to the team member’s name and then select Share folders from the dropdown menu.
- A new modal will appear listing your folders. You may also search your Library for folders here.
- Select the checkboxes next to the relevant folder names.
- You may choose to edit the team member’s permission for the selected folder(s) by using the dropdown menu to the right of the search bar.
- Select the blue Share button on the bottom right to share the folders.