This feature requires a Starter, Standard, or Advanced plan. If you have an Enterprise account and need more seats, contact your account manager.
Not sure which plan type you have? check "Membership" In the upper left corner of your account settings.
As your team grows, you may find you need to add more team members to your Vimeo account to help manage your videos. You can assign up to 200 seats on your account. If you require more than 200 seats, you will need to upgrade to an Enterprise plan.
At this time, only the Vimeo account owner can add more seats and make purchases for the account. If you need to buy multiple seats, you must do so via vimeo.com; purchasing multiple seats via the iOS and Android apps is not supported.
In this article:
Add paid seats at checkout
When you are on the checkout page for a Starter, Standard, or Advanced plan on Vimeo, you have the option to include multiple paid seats for your account within your initial purchase. Keep in mind that you do not need to purchase seats for team members who only need viewing and commenting permissions.
- On the checkout page, there is a field for Number of seats. Type in or use the arrows in the field to choose the number of seats to purchases.
⚠️Note: If you are signing up for a trial of the Starter, Standard, or Advanced plans, you will be limited to adding five (5) paid seats and five (5) viewers until your plan rolls over into a paid account. If you require more than five seats for your account, we recommend bypassing the trial and purchasing right away
- The amount due will update based on the number of seats you input. You can purchase as few as one (1) seat and as many as 200 seats to fit your organization’s needs.
- Click Complete purchase to finish.
Purchase add-on seats for your account
If you are the owner of the Vimeo account, you can purchase additional seats for your account at any time throughout your billing cycle. This will both increase the number of people you can invite to help manage your videos (admins and contributors) and increase your account’s video limit.
💡Tip: If a team member only needs viewer permissions, you can send them an invite at no additional cost. Doing so will not increase your video limit but it will count towards your 200-seat limit.
Be advised that add-on seat purchases are non-refundable.
If you’ve run out of seats, you will be prompted to purchase more seats if you attempt to invite an admin or contributor from your team management page, or share a folder or video with them. Click Purchase seats to complete the purchase and invite.
You can also purchase additional seats on your billing settings page:
- In the bottom section of the billing settings, you will see how many seats you currently have. Click Add seats.
- A modal window will open. Select the number of seats you wish to purchase.
- Select your payment method and review the payment details. Note that the amount due is pro-rated based on the remaining time in your current billing cycle.
- Click Complete purchase.
Once the purchase is complete, you can invite team members to your Vimeo account as either admins or contributors.
Your account’s video cap will also increase by the full amount allotted to your plan type. For example, if you are on a Standard plan and you purchase one additional seat, your video cap will increase by 120 videos for the remainder of your current billing cycle.
When your plan renews, you will be billed for all paid seats on the account and your video cap will refresh per your plan type and the total number of seats you have.
Remove a seat from your account
⚠️Note: At this time, only Starter Monthly subscribers can delete paid seats from their account. If you are on an annual plan, please contact us for assistance.
With a Starter Monthly plan, you can remove paid seats from your account if they are no longer being used by anyone on your team. If you remove paid seats from your plan, your current video cap will decrease.
Removing seats from your account will reduce your subscription renewal price, but note that it will not impact your current billing cycle. We cannot issue refunds for individual seats or add-on purchases.
To remove seats from your account:
- Go to your billing settings page.
- In the bottom section, you will see your account’s seat allocation. Click Delete seats under “Unassigned.”
- Choose how many unassigned seats you wish to remove. You will see the amount due at the renewal update as you adjust the number.
- Click Delete seats and confirm the seat deletion.