This feature requires a paid plan on Vimeo.
Customizable commenting permissions give you more control over the functionality of your videos on Vimeo. This article includes steps for editing settings on an individual video or for all current and/or future uploads.
In this article:
- How to update commenting settings on an individual video
- How to change commenting settings for all current and/or future uploads
How to update commenting settings on an individual video
You can turn comments on and off for your videos. To determine who can comment on your video, follow these steps:
- Log into Vimeo and navigate to the Library.
- Select your video.
- Navigate to the comments icon on the panel to the right.
- Toggle on or off Allow comments.
- For videos with the privacy setting Public or Password, you can disable public comments within the video's privacy settings. This allows you to hide comments on the video's public page.
Pro, Business, Premium, Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise members can also create video review pages, which are semi-private, unlisted video pages intended for sharing with clients, collaborators, or anyone else you want to share your video with.
How to change commenting settings for all current and/or future uploads
To remove the ability to comment on your videos from all your existing videos and/or future uploads:
Go to the Upload defaults tab under the Video section in your Account Settings.
Under Privacy select No one (or select Anyone I follow to restrict comments to your network).
If you only want to remove the ability to download your videos from future uploads, click Save.
If you want to remove the ability to download your videos from all your videos, past and future, make sure to check the box next to Also apply to existing videos before clicking the blue Save button.