Creating a venue requires an Enterprise account with the Events add-on.
You can change the privacy settings for your venue in the Privacy menu of venue settings.
To change the privacy settings of your virtual venue:
- Select Privacy from the Venue settings menu.
- Select the privacy option that you would like for your venue.
- Public: Anyone can attend the event, without having to register or log into their Vimeo account.
- Public with registration: Anyone can attend your event if they register through your registration form and log into their Vimeo account.
- Team: Your venue is limited to all team members linked to your Vimeo account.
- Private: Your venue is limited to Admins on your Vimeo account only.
You can also choose whether you’d like your event embedded on other sites and, if so, where they can be embedded.
To change the embed settings of the venue:
- From Venue Settings > Privacy, select from the dropdown menu under ‘Allow embedding’.
- Nowhere: Prevents the venue from being embedded on other websites. Attendees can only access your venue through the venue link.
- Anywhere: Your venue can be embedded anywhere online.
- Specific domains: Your venue can be embedded in domains that you limit. Add the URL of each domain (select the Enter key between each domain if adding multiple domains).
- Select Copy embed code to copy the embed code based on your selected privacy settings.
To learn how to change permissions for audience members, visit ‘How to change permissions for attendees in your venue'.
If an attendee attempts to register for an event that they do not qualify for, based on their account type, they will receive the below error message alerting them that access is denied.