With simulcast, you can send your live video on Vimeo to stream simultaneously on Facebook Live, YouTube, LinkedIn, and any custom RTMP destination like Twitch or Periscope.
You can simulcast your stream to up to 10 integrated destinations at once (i.e. when you connect your Vimeo account to your Vimeo OTT, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn account). This means any supported destination within those accounts can be added to events individually, such as your Facebook profile, any Facebook or LinkedIn pages where you are an Admin, and your YouTube channel.
Additionally, you can stream to up to 20 custom RTMP destinations.
After creating your event, select the Settings gear icon and then the Destinations dropdown to find all of the simulcast destination options.
- Vimeo: You can click Share to copy the event link or embed code to your clipboard and paste it anywhere you'd like to share it. View will open the event page in a new window.
- Vimeo OTT: You can simulcast Vimeo events to a product on your Vimeo OTT site.
- Facebook: Connect your Vimeo account to a Facebook account and stream to your Page or Profile.
- YouTube: Connect your Vimeo account to a YouTube account and stream to your YouTube channel.
- LinkedIn: Connect your Vimeo account to a LinkedIn account. Note that LinkedIn will need to approve your account in order to stream to your profile or company page.
RTMP: Stream directly to any other destination such as Twitch, and Twitter, and many others. Click Add next to RTMP and input a name (e.g. “Twitch”), the destination’s RTMP URL, and the Stream Key given by that provider.
⚠️Note: If you are looking to simulcast to Instagram, see Instagram's article here for more information as not all accounts have access to Instagram Live Producer.
Once you've connected your desired streaming destination(s) to your event, proceed by selecting the Go live button in the upper righthand corner. If you chose to stream through your browser, please note that it is not possible to reconfigure your simulcast settings after you have begun to stream.
⚠️Note: Some providers will require you to additionally push the stream live from their portal or application in order for it to be live on that destination.
⚠️Note: It is possible to start the live event on Vimeo with the simulcast destination switch toggled off, and then toggle it on when you want to start simulcasting. Correspondingly, you can toggle the simulcast switch off mid-stream to stop your Vimeo event from simulcasting to other destinations. When you are toggling the switch mid-stream, please heed the following:
- If you toggle the simulcast switch off mid-stream, it will archive the event on the simulcast platform immediately.
- If you toggle switch back on again later in the stream after it was toggled off earlier in the stream, it creates a new event on the simulcast destination so the simulcasted video can become fragmented across multiple events on the other platform.
Error message: "Unable to stream. Please verify your RTMP URL and stream key before restarting your broadcast."
- If you experience this error when adding an RTMPS destination, you may need to add the Port 443 to the RTMPS URL. Example: rtmps://rtmp-global.cloud.vimeo.com/live becomes rtmps://rtmp-global.cloud.vimeo.com:443/live