To search your own library, use the search bar on the top left of the page. If the player icon is selected to the right of the search bar, the results will only contain your own content. You can search for video titles, folder names, transcripts, and more.
In this article:
- View and filter all results
- How to switch between searching your Library and all of Vimeo
- How to search by folder
- How to search transcripts
View and filter all results
If you press the Enter key or select View all results for… in the search dropdown, you will be taken to our Video Library search results page. To the right, you will find the option to sort the results by overall relevance, alphabetically, date modified, date added, or duration.
You can filter your content by:
- Type: Filter by content type, i.e. videos or folders
- Appears in: Filter by where the search word appears, i.e. titles, audio transcript (Enterprise only), description, tags, chapter, or image text
- Location: Select which folder the content lives in
- Date modified: Choose an exact date or date range
- Privacy: Select privacy setting(s) of the item
- Created by: Select user(s) who created the item
How to switch between searching your Library and all of Vimeo
If you are trying to search for public Vimeo content outside of your account, be sure to select Search all of Vimeo for… in the results dropdown to be brought to our public search results page. Alternatively, visit Search on Vimeo.
See About the search results page for more information on searching all of Vimeo.
💡Tip: When you switch between searching your Library and all of Vimeo, your selection will persist the next time you use the search bar.
How to search by folder
Select the search bar and then the Folders button to limit your search to folder names.
You will see the type: Folders tag in the search bar. Type your search after the tag to see your results.
How to search transcripts
You may choose to search for videos by their transcripts. You can search certain key words or phrases you are trying to locate within your video transcripts using the search bar. The results will contain the audio transcript.