To configure settings for your Vimeo OTT site, navigate to Manage > Site.
The left side of the page includes a navigation menu with various settings to the right.
In this article:
The General tab will open by default.
Here you can edit:
Title: The name of your site. Your site title will appear at the top of the browser window when a visitor has your page open.
- Description: What your content is about. Note that this is metadata that would appear in search engine search results, not on your site's homepage; a description on the homepage would need to be added via the theme editor (Hero Promotion > Short Description).
Site color: The main color shown on your site, such as the top navigation bar.
Subdomain: Change your site’s URL on Vimeo OTT, e.g. “http://purplefitness.vhx.tv”
Custom domain: Set the URL you want to point to your Vimeo OTT site. E.g. "http://purplefitness.com". Learn more at 'Enable a custom domain on Vimeo OTT'.
Facebook Page: Enter your Facebook page's URL to provide a link to your Facebook page on your site.
Twitter Username: Provide a link to your Twitter profile on your site.
- Statement descriptor: By default, your customers will see your site's subdomain as the descriptor on their bank statement when they purchase or renew. If you'd prefer it to say something else related to your business, you can customize it here. It must be 3-17 alphanumeric characters.
Comments: By default, commenting on your videos are off sitewide. If you turn them on, you must agree to moderate comments.
Forums: You can activate a place on your site for your community to talk with you and each other about your content or other relevant topics. Forums are off by default; if you choose to enable forums, you are responsible for moderation.
Made for Kids: If your content is primarily targeting minors (e.g. children's shows), you must turn on Made for Kids.
Browse Options: Toggle on rows for automatically created categories, namely Movies and Series collections. You can also choose to display each of your Playlists.
- Displayed information: When you use our discovery feature, you can choose which set of information is displayed to your audience on the video's detail pages (e.g. Genres, Crew, Tags). Click the (+) button to the right of the field to select the type of information to display.
This tab includes only one setting: the Choose theme button. Clicking this will bring you to the theme selector where you can select and customize the layout and appearance of your site.
This tab allows you to configure the default settings and behaviors for select portions of your Vimeo OTT site content.
These settings apply to your Subscription Product and will not impact your Buy or Rent Products.
Plans: Choose which plans you would like automatically applied whenever you add a new video.
Regions: Choose what geoblocking settings you would like applied whenever you add a new video. You may select inclusive or exclusive availability settings.
Collection Position: Use this setting to specify what position new content is placed in when added to a collection. For example, if you want to always add videos to the beginning of a collection, choose “Beginning.”
- New live event promotion: If your site has Live enabled (Growth and Enterprise only), turn on this setting to automatically add any new live events into your featured carousel. Leave it off if you'd prefer to manually manage live event destinations.
The Tracking tab includes various options for tracking information and data about your site’s viewership and the effectiveness of advertising in driving sales to your site.
Google Analytics ID: While we have a built-in dashboard, we also allow you to use Google Analytics to collect data about your site’s traffic. Learn more at 'Set up Google Analytics on your Vimeo OTT site'.
- Facebook Pixel ID and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Facebook, you can add the pixel ID here to track its effectiveness in Facebook’s ad analytics. 'Add tracking pixels to your Vimeo OTT checkout page: Facebook'.
Twitter Pixel ID and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Twitter, add its pixel here to track its effectiveness in Twitter’s ad analytics. Learn more at 'Add tracking pixels to your Vimeo OTT checkout page: Twitter'.
- Google Adwords Pixel ID, Label, and Associated Product: After you set up an ad on Google, add its pixel and label here to track its effectiveness in Google. 'Add tracking pixels to your Vimeo OTT checkout page: Google Adwords'.
The Advanced tab includes the following:
Segment Key: You can integrate Segment with your OTT site to get user-level analytics and other data. Learn more at 'Using Segment with OTT'.
Webhook URLs: You can notify external services when an event such as a purchase happens on your OTT site. Learn more at 'Create a Vimeo OTT webhook'.
- Allowed Embed Hosts: If you're embedding your OTT content on a third party site, you may want to restrict which domains are allowed to embed that content. Learn more at 'Using Embed Hosts on Vimeo OTT'.
- Block Anonymous IP: Checking this option will prevent users from viewing geo-blocked content via VPN’s and proxies. Learn more at 'How to block anonymous IPs on Vimeo OTT'.
Below the main navigation menu is where you can publish and unpublish your site. Publishing your site makes it available everywhere. Unpublishing your site makes it available to only you and your team members.
Delete site will permanently delete your site from Vimeo OTT.